2014 December Beauty Favourites

Saturday, December 06, 2014


Hello! I love changing my beauty products from time to time because my skin tends to have different needs during different phases of my life. So here are some of my favourites from the products I've been using recently :)

1. Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
$12.90 - 250ml


This was actually something D bought for fun while it was on sale awhile ago. I've never really used it until recently, when a lot of pimples started popping up on my back due to pregnancy. Apparently your body tends to produce more oil during pregnancy which might result in pimple outbreaks all over your face and body. Yes, sadly that happened to me :/ After using this, I noticed that the outbreak on my back lessened and my skin feels more moisturised ♥︎ I also really like the smell of this shower gel, somewhat calming perhaps? It's also great because it's affordably priced, especially if you get it during sale periods! 

2. Toni&Guy Heat Protection Mist 


The lovely people at Toni&Guy sent me a bunch of products to try recently and this is one of my favourites! I blow-dry my hair everyday and use heated curling tongs a lot because unfortunately perms just don't work on my tresses. To be honest, I was always too lazy to be bothered with hair serums or heat protection products before until I started noticing girls with really beautiful healthy looking curls and wished I had gorgeous hair too. 

I really like this product because it's not sticky or greasy, super light and my hair feels softer afterwards :)

3. Toni&Guy Casual Sculpting Powder


This is a lifesaver, at least for people who have trouble with flat hair like me. I use this all the time on the top of my head to add some extra volume to my otherwise limp hair :) 

You simply just pour a little bit of this sculpting powder under parts of your hair you'd like more volume at, rub it in and tah-dah! you'll have pretty pouffy hair. 

4. Chanel Hydra Beauty Lip Balm


This is one product I really really love. Received this as a birthday gift this year, and wow. I've been dealing with severely chapped lips since the first trimester of my pregnancy and no lip balm I've tried helped as much as this. It's so moisturising without being icky, love applying this before bed every night and waking up feeling like my lips have been conditioned! 

5. La Nuit De Chanel (Recharge)


Honestly, I've no idea how to describe this. It's not a moisturiser, not a serum, not a mask. It's simply a skincare supplement that you use on certain days when you don't want to apply any other thing on your face and just let it soothe your skin. I was a little confused when the sales assistant gave me a sample of this and tried to explain the product to me. But after trying it, it's actually a really great product! With my skin going haywire, super dry or super oily at times now, this somewhat balances it all out. It's hydrating and soothing without being too heavy or light! I love using this once a week to kind of just "recharge" my skin ♥︎

6. Laneige White Plus Renew Skin Refiner
$45 - 120ml


A great basic, lightweight toner that has whitening and softening properties. I've always found Laneige to be very good at basic and affordable products, and they are one of the few brands that really deliver when they promise whiter/brighter skin! 

7. Clarins Bust Beauty Extra-Lift Gel


This was gifted to me a couple of months ago and I must say it was pretty helpful? This would probably be more suitable for older or pregnant women who are worried about sagging problems.

"Clarins Bust Beauty Extra-Lift Gel is essential to any woman's body-care collection. This non oily gel contains special plant extracts that work naturally to firm, tone and strengthen the soft skin of the bust. With the use of oat sugars, this refreshing gel aims to create an invisible "natural bra", giving the breasts a more defined shape and an immediate lift."

That's it for my current beauty picks! 
If you've any products you really like do share with me in the comments box below ♥︎ Am always up for trying more beauty products!



No comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.