Thaddeus's Birth Story

Wednesday, June 05, 2019
Meet my third baby!

Thaddeus Jude Sim
Born on 25th May 2019
Birth Weight: 2.7kg

This little boy was born via C-section hehe

(Just gonna re-share what I posted earlier on Dayre in regards to my first C-sect experience!)

The whole process was not as “easy” as I expected it to be and recovery is a lot more painful than I imagined 😅 So during the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I actually told my gynae if I go into labour anytime before the planned c-sect date I’ll just go for natural birth instead 🙈 In the end baby didn’t want to come earlier 😂 and since chemotherapy is resuming next week it’s really just better for everyone if I gave birth by 25th!  Honestly, everything happened REALLY quickly! And my only regret is opting for epidural instead of GA 😅 

After they wheeled me into the operating theatre, my doctor just kept chatting to me (helps a lot!) while they administered all the jabs.. next thing I knew my husband was called in and before we could say much to each other I heard a nurse say she’s gonna help me push... And this was the horrible part - baby came out a few seconds later but I felt like someone just punched me really really hard in the tummy BUT there was no pain. Just a very weird feeling! It was so uncomfortable I wanted to move my body soo bad! I think I tried to struggle while they were sewing me up so in the end they had to put me to sleep 😅 So moral of the story is.. I should have just gone for general anaesthesia right from the beginning 🙈

If you’re considering a C-sect... here are some of the differences between C-sect and natural (my first two were natural!) based on my own experiences! 

Labour:
Natural takes really long.. usually few hours! And if you’re not using epidural you most likely have to endure contraction pain for many hours 🙈 For my first pregnancy the epidural didn’t work properly so I went through the full contraction pains 😅 Really very pain but thankfully it’s a one off thing! 

C Sect is really fast! The whole process takes like 15-30mins!

Recovery:
As scary as it sounds to snip or tear down there.. it’s really not as painful as a C-sect wound! (Comparing after taking painkillers) For my first two pregnancies, I could do things like clean the baby, change diapers, feed baby etc the day I’m discharged! 

For my C-sect, it was so painful to even get out of bed I needed someone around to pull me up for the first few days 🙈 And the place where it hurts makes it so tough to do almost anything.. so thankful I have a CL this time! 

Weight Loss:
Both my natural births, I lost like half my pregnancy weight within the first week! 

For my C sect, it’s been a week and I literally only lost the weight of my baby which is 2.7kg 😅 Even my eldest daughter thinks I’m still pregnant 😂😂😂 

I still remember reading a blog saying how getting a C-sect is like getting a free tummy tuck - THAT’S A LIE! 😭 After this whole experience, I feel that one shouldn’t go for a C-sect if you don’t have to! 🙈 You’ll have to suffer constant pain for a longer period of time, it’s way more expensive and the pregnancy weight is harder to lose - so not worth it 😪


Baby and I at the hospital!

Didn't manage to take any proper family picture this time because the kids could only come visit on the first day for a short time and I was still in a lot of pain then. 

We've been home for about 10days on this day of writing and we've been having a great time bonding together as a family of 5!

No comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.