2019 - The Year My Life Was Turned Upside Down

Friday, May 10, 2019
Wow it's been 7months since I lasted posted, this is probably the longest I've ever gone without posting since the day I started this blog. 

My life has changed so drastically in the last 7months, and I'm only slowly trying to regain normalcy now. I've so so much to update here and a lot more things to share about in the months to come as well, so don't give up on me! 

(me at my first gynae appointment for Thaddeus!)

For starters.. I'm pregnant with my third baby! And at this point, I've only 2 more weeks to go before giving birth. This entire experience is going to be so different from the last two because I'm opting for an elective C-section instead and our new baby is a boy! 

(me on drip at the hospital)

The only thing I've experienced that is similar to my last two pregnancies is.... HORRIBLE MORNING SICKNESS hahaha.. but worse. I was hospitalised for 3days and on drip this time during my 4th month. This was also the reason I stopped blogging because I was feeling so so sick throughout the first couple of months I practically disappeared from all my social media platforms altogether. 


The next big life-changing thing that happened to me was finding out my eldest daughter (Kayla) has cancer. She was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumour (childhood kidney cancer) about 3months ago and this situation really turned our world upside down. This period of time has been both emotionally and physically challenging for me as we dealt with a lot of unexpected hospital stays and crazy side effects from the cancer treatment. Will share more about this in another post 


And finally, we are moving house! Right now renovations are going on at our other place and we'll most likely be moving over by early June. The reason we are moving is also because of Kayla! Living with pets and another toddler who attends childcare is very risky for a chemotherapy patient, so we decided to just move to a smaller place with her temporarily until she fully recovers next year. Planning for the new house is both exciting and stressful though. On one hand we are so strapped for time, but on the other hand it's really fun to choose interior designs and decor! Something to keep our minds off our current situation :)


I was honestly feeling very low the last couple of weeks because of all the stress, fatigue and also how isolating this whole situation is. But last night I decided I really needed to pull myself together and just focus on all the good that has come our way this year. We've had a lot of friends, family and people from the online community reach out to us in love and support, and I'm truly grateful for that. 

For now I'm just going to try to take each day as it comes and stop worrying so much! And pray that things will be much better for us for the rest of the year :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Audrey.. This is Lynn, your mom's sil. Just wanted to let you know that this family is keeping your family in prayer daily. Your mom keeps us updated on Kayla and my heart goes out to you while you go through this very stressful time. I'm praying for strength, wisdom, comfort, and the overwhelming peace that comes only from Jesus, our Lord God. He promises to never leave us or forsake us. Sometimes over the years I've wondered about this but have found that He is always there walking around every bend in the road with us, leading us in the way we should go. What peace in Him! I look forward to hearing about the birth of that precious boy. Remember, there's lots of people thinking of you during this time, lifting you in prayer, even in the darkest hours. Lots of love to you, your husband, Kayla, Tiffany, and Thaddeus.
    ~Lynn and Tom

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.