Prenatal / Postnatal Massage Singapore

Monday, October 31, 2016

(After 8 sessions of postnatal massage)

I've always enjoyed massages and would look forward to it when I'm on holiday in places like Thailand or Bali! Now and then I'd go for massages in SG as well because body is always aching hehh. But I've never felt my body ache as badly as it did this pregnancy omgg. So upon recommendation by a friend, I decided to engage this massage lady (Halima) for regular prenatal and postnatal massage and I'm so glad I made that decision! 

This is Halima! 

I engaged her for weekly prenatal sessions before I gave birth; managed to only finish 7 out of 10 sessions before I popped haha. She not only helped me relieve my aches, but she also did lactation massages for me to help prepare my body for breastmilk! Am happy to share that I'm yielding a lot more milk this pregnancy hehh :)

Another reason that made me so happy that I engaged her for this pregnancy is that my water retention was minimal this time! The prenatal massage will reduce water retention, so I looked a lot less puffy and big as compared to my previous pregnancy. A handful of friends who saw me at the end of my last pregnancy could also see the stark difference! 

This is how my room looks like just before each massage; you'll have to prepare an extra bed sheet and a towel because she uses oil for the massages.

The postnatal massage is done daily instead of weekly about 1-2weeks after you give birth. It'll also cost a bit more because she'll have to prepare the jamu and buy the materials for binding for you. 

I was really impressed with the results from binding, my tummy shrunk significantly after just one time! This is how my tummy looked like after binding each time hehh. In all honesty, I didn't really like it because I felt very restricted.. but for the sake of beauty okay lo hahaha


(Pictures of my tummy after 2 sessions!)

Even after 8 sessions (see first pic), my tummy is still not back to its pre-pregnancy state but it is significantly smaller than when I first gave birth. I honestly feel that the results are really good especially considering the fact that this is my second pregnancy and it's been barely a month. 

Am sharing this because I genuinely feel that it's beneficial for all mummies-to-be (not sponsored/not ad!). Included Halima's contact number below if you'd like to engage her, she's a certified prenatal/postnatal masseuse and recommended by Mount Elizabeth Novena hospital  :)

Halima - 83724486





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences :-)

    Xxx

    Emily, founder of http://liiloodesigns.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it is an excellent support and massage services for Expecting and New Moms!

    Shansie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...during your pregnancy, massage is a great way to keep in tune with your body.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so fortunate to find a right certified prenatal/postnatal masseuse!

    Congratulation!

    Elize

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prenatal Massage has amazing benefits to both mother and baby during pregnancy. Massage during pregnancy can help to relieve moms discomforts from the physical, emotional and hormonal changes she is constantly going through. We must remember mom isn’t the only one going through these constant changes, your baby is growing and changing at a tremendous rate as well!

    Prenatal massage naturally stimulates the release of endorphin’s for relaxation,these endorphin’s cross the placenta allowing for the baby to receive the same relaxation as its mom. Essentially the prenatal massage intended to help mom is positively effecting the baby as well. Your baby feels what you feel from anxiety, stress and tension, give them the advantage of a warm and loving environment both before and after birth!

    Hannetjie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made the best investment on your health as well as the more positive effect on your family life; Happy Mother, Happy Time for the whole family!!!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right choice.... Especially the postpartum period is a important time for the mother to remember that honoring herself encourages quicker healing, and better mental state. Postpartum massage not only promote relaxation but also increases flexibility of muscles and the tense nerves. This can help with mother’s milk production and induce good sleep. Glad to know that you enjoy your postpartum massage which is more than just reduces your stress hormone, and reduce fluid retention.

    Congratulation, beautiful mama!


    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow thanks ya for sharing .. will contact her👍👌

    ReplyDelete
  9. Post natal massage review won't lie to you and say that the post natal weight loss treatment was super relaxing. It wasn't. But was it effective? HELL YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its the amazing Blog. Massage is a good process for physically & mentally relaxation. I am very glad to have such useful information same like this.
    Sensual Massage Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing. I am also looking for the best Prenatal massage

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.