Week 24 Pregnancy

Friday, October 24, 2014


My stomach grew considerably the last 2 weeks, maybe it's because I've been eating a lot! I'm pretty much perpetually eating now O.O Strangely though, the rest of my body still looks about the same, hopefully I won't balloon suddenly :X 

So.. last week I started to wear maternity clothes! This denim piece is one of them :D I'm also really happy I managed to find leatherette maternity shorts! Have been so dependent on leatherette shorts for so long I felt pretty lost when I could no longer fit into the ones I have.


I've been having a lot of nightmares and really bad sleep lately though :/ On most days I've insomnia until dawn and then I'd go through a super scary nightmare or some weird dream and wake up feeling more tired than ever. Seriously hope I can get some proper sleep soon! On the bright side, I no longer experience crazy mood swings, sometimes I don't even really feel like I'm pregnant anymore haha. So Kayla's daily kicks are quite comforting, reminding me she's still in there! Guess that's about it for these two weeks :) 16 more weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope this helps:
    19 ways to sleep better when you're pregnant
    Fighting pregnancy insomnia? You're not alone. Follow these tips for better sleep
    http://www.besthealthmag.ca/embrace-life/sleep/19-ways-to-sleep-better-when-youre-pregnant
    and
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_why-its-hard-to-sleep-well-during-pregnancy_311.bc#articlesection2
    And
    Tips for Sound Sleep In Pregnancy
    One or more of the following tips may help you get the sleep you need during pregnancy. However, if your sleep disturbances are severe, talk to your doctor.

    Extra pillows: Pillows can be used to support both the tummy and back. A pillow between the legs can help support the lower back and make sleeping on your side easier. Some specific types of pillows include the wedge-shaped pillow and the full-length body pillow.
    Nutrition: Drinking a glass of warm milk may help bring on sleep. Foods high in carbohydrates, such as bread or crackers, can also promote sleep. In addition, a snack high in protein can keep blood sugar levels up and could help prevent bad dreams, headaches, and hot flashes.
    Relaxation techniques: Relaxation can help calm your mind and relax your muscles. These techniques include stretching, yoga, massage, deep breathing and a warm bath or shower before bed.
    Exercise: Regular exercise during pregnancy promotes physical and mental health. Exercise also can help you sleep more deeply. However, vigorous exercise within four hours of bedtime should be avoided.
    Prescription and over-the-counter medications: Ideally, all medications (including over-the-counter medications) should be avoided during pregnancy. Some drugs can hurt the developing baby. However, there are some medications that are considered safe to take during pregnancy and that might help you sleep better. Always talk to your doctor before taking any kinds of drugs. This includes over-the-counter drugs, herbs and dietary supplements.
    http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/pregnancy-insomnia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.