Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder Review

Thursday, April 17, 2014


Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder

Basically a translucent finishing powder that can be used on top of your foundations/bb creams or on it's own. This products promises a lightweight silky texture and flawless finishing. It only comes in one colour to suit all skin tones (which is pretty amazing). 


My Review:

To be honest, I was so disappointed with this product when I first got my hands on it. I was deciding between this and the highly raved Laura Mercier loose powder. In the end, I picked this one because of it's no-spill packaging. However, I've come to love this powder so much I've been using it everyday! 

Initially, I was pretty upset because I couldn't seem to get much powder unto my brush. It was so troublesome for me because I ended up having to sit in front of my mirror for a longer time just to try to push more powder out with my brush! I was also really not used to how sheer this powder is, the previous loose powder I was using provided a better coverage. So I guess this is not really suitable for people who want to be able to cover their scars or acne with powder. 


So.. I condemned this product and left it on the shelf for about 2 months until I had to go on a holiday. The no-spill packaging was perfect for travelling, so I decided to just bring this instead of my usual powder. To my surprise, after a couple more "pushes" it's like a spell has been broken and the powder came out of the sieve a lot faster than before. Throughout the whole trip, I was basically out from morning to night, and because this powder was so light.. I didn't cake up under the heat!

Long story short, this powder grows on you over time if you don't love it at first try! It really does provide a light matte finish without caking up under the eyes. And although the powder looks scarily white, it somehow blends into the colour of your foundation or bb cream and holds it in place! I personally feel this is worth every cent ♥︎


Sold at Sephora Singapore
Price: $57 (SGD)

For more information:


No comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.