Tartan Trend

Wednesday, March 19, 2014


tar·tan1
ˈtärtn/
noun
  1. 1.
    a woolen cloth woven in one of several patterns of plaid, esp. of a design associated with a particular Scottish clan 





To be honest, I've never really worn much tartan in my life before. I know of many schools who utilise tartan fabric as skirts for girls' uniforms, and I've always wished my secondary school would implement that. Such an adorable yet sort of classic pattern, so glad it's making a comeback this fall. 

Here's some tartan/plaid looks I really love from the runway for Fall'14 ♥︎

By Vera Wang

By Rag & Bone

By Kenneth Cole

By Victoria Beckham

Fun Fact: Tartan Vs Plaid
"Plaid actually comes from the Gaelic word for a blanket, and is specifically used in the context of Highland dress to refer to a large length of material.  The original kilt was known as the "belted plaid" and consisted of a length of cloth (basically a large blanket) that was gathered and belted at the waist.  The plaids were most often made from a tartan cloth, and so the confusion between the two terms is understandable."

Outfit: Dress and Bag - Julien


No comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.