Food Review: Tim Ho Wan

Thursday, May 09, 2013


After reading all the rave reviews and seeing tons of pictures of people queuing for hours, I finally joined in on the hype and made my way down to Tim Ho Wan, the newly opened one Michelin-star dim sum restaurant.

We arrived at the restaurant around 3pm on a Monday, so the queue was pretty short, only about 15mins! This is chef Mak Kwai Pui's first outlet outside Hong Kong located on the ground floor of The Atrium@ Plaza Singapura.


I was surprised to see a rather limited selection as opposed to the wide variety usually offered at other dim sum restaurants. Each dish is priced at an average of $4 -$5. 


A must-try if you're heading down is the Baked Bun with Barbequed Pork!
I don't usually like pork dishes but I fell in love with these buns ♡



Another dish that I liked was the Beancurd Skin Roll;
Crispy and filled with yummy shrimp!


The rest of the dishes we tried were pretty much average, in my opinion not worth queuing for. The signature turnip cake was rather disappointing to me, did not like the bits of carrot and ham in it. And the spring rolls with egg white were quite tasteless, not for those who prefer full flavoured foods. 


We ended off our meal with the osmanthus jelly cake, which was good!
My aunt absolutely loved it because the taste of osmanthus was not too strong :)


Overall we had a pleasant experience at Tim Ho Wan!
And I'd loved to eat the pork buns again ♡



No comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.